The Nominating Committee is responsible for:
- Publicizing the board nomination process and soliciting interest,
- Identifying church members with good leadership potential,
- Conducting candidate interviews, and
- Nominating a slate of candidates to fill positions of responsibility within the church.
Nominating Committee Goals and Process
Our main goal is to ensure that church members who express an interest in board membership:
- fully understand the demands of board participation,
- bring skills that fit with the current needs of our church, and
- are most likely to have a productive and enriching term as a trustee.
If you are a current member of our congregation and have an interest in a board position, simply fill out the Leadership Interest form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop it off in the Nominating Committee mailbox in the church mail room. Someone from the nominating committee will follow up with you.
Per First UU’s bylaws, the nominating committee meetings are closed to protect candidate confidentiality. See this document to learn more about the nominating process at First UU. If you have suggestions for improving our processes, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
The 2016/17 Nominating Committee members are:
- Elizabeth Gray, Chair
- Margaret Roberts
- Julie Paasche
- Eric Stimmel
- Angela Smith
Note: The nominating committee no longer handles the nomination of committee chairs; that function is now handled by the executive team (headed by the Senior Minister). If you are interested in leadership of a committee (or just becoming a member of one), please share your interest with Reverend Barnhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org.